Monday, November 10, 2008

Windows Mobile

Just updated my blog template last night. Now everything is gone. Especially the links to many interesting blogs and sites. I guess I have to do it again.

Anyway since I'll be going to Bali this week, I need to update my PDA. I installed WorldMate Live. After installing it, I found that I have this popup each time i restart my PDA. The file 'WMScheduler' cannot be opened. blablabla....

I looked the installed directory, Storage Card/Program files/WorldMate and the file is there. After much searching, the solution is pretty simple. But I dont like it, cause I have to install it into the main device itself and I don't have much memory to support it.

While searching for the solution, I also looked at a few softwares that could edit the registry in Windows Mobile. Here are the two programs that I found. This is taken from:http://www.inspectmygadget.com/2007/07/17/how-to-hack-your-windows-mobile-registry/

Mobile Registry Editor: runs on your desktop and connects to your device using ActiveSync. Once you have this installed, connect your device via ActiveSync and click on one of the folder to the left. If the right side refreshes, you have a connection.

Being a desktop application, it is easy to navigate and make changes using your keyboard and mouse. As I don’t make many registry changes away from my desktop computer, I would generally use this.

PHM Registry Editor: runs on your device so you have free reign over where and when you make changes to the registry.

It has a nice interface and is quite easy to use on our little Windows Mobile screens. PHM Registry Editor works a little faster for me than Mobile Registry Editor did.

No comments: