Saturday, November 01, 2008

Public Forum

Last Saturday I went to attend a public forum by Mr Tan Kee Hian.

He holds an MBA with High Distinction from the Harvard Business School (Baker Scholar). He also holds a BSc (First Class Honours) in Mechanical Engineering from the Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine in London (John Samuel Prize; Imperial College Award; Shell Scholar). He did his "A" Levels and was an ASEAN Scholar at the National Junior College in Singapore.
He lives in London, but will spend eight months of the year in Asia.


When Mr Kong called me to go for the forum, I was a bit apprehensive. He told me the speaker would be someone with a MBA from Havard. So what I thought to myself. Even Khairy is a Havard Oxford graduate and what he said did not reflect his education at all.

Anway I told Mr Kong that I would give it a try. After my badminton game of course. And potluck dinner at Miss Yongs. :)

I reached MPI at 7.50 p.m. Accidentally went to the church because I was passing through it. And I thought the forum was in the church. After a few steps, I suddenly remembered that the forum was held in MPI, not at the church.

It was after listening to it that I realized that the speaker was no ordinary person. He was a Shell scholar and was a consultant with the Economic Planning Unit (EPU) for Malaysia.Btw he is a former classmate of Daniel Ngieng, those of you in Sibu would know him.

Btw here is a link to show how much he charges for one session.

The title of the forum was Outlook for Sibu. Or something like that.
Will blog about it later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Havard(sp)?

Khairy's from Oxford la. U of all ppl shd know that.

I'll still believe graduates from top colleges in the world are mostly brilliant ppl, unless proven otherwise (as in the case of the SIL). That's an anomaly.

Chun said...

Oops. I thought I changed it already. Nvm now I change.