Friday, December 05, 2008

Refund (2)

Remember my last post about my canceled trip? Well I was thinking of how to get my refund back.
I've mentioned how Airasia had refunded my flight ticket. Actually they did not refund the flight ticket, they just refund me back for all the airport taxes, managment fees, the nasi lemak I ordered and the baggage handling fee. Which is quite ok condsidering that if my flight ticket is the RM0 fare, I would get all my money back. But alas, I booked a last minute flight to Bali so I guess it is ok.

Actually it was not a refund. They just gave me a credit so that I can use it to buy a ticket within this 3 months. The due date is 11 Feb 2009. Must remember to use it by then!! Hahaha...

About the trip back from Bali, it is a very nice surprise for me. Just now when I was going to settle my credit card bill, I found out that I couldn't pay the statement's balance. The error message was "Amount Exceeded Outstanding Balance"

After checking my account details, I found out that Lionair had credited IDR 599 000 into my account. The flight costs IDR 799 000.

11-Nov-2008 WWW.LIONAIR.CO.ID JAKARTA PUSATID IDR799,000.00 = RM252.23
26-Nov-2008 WWW.LIONAIR.CO.ID JAKARTA PUSATID IDR599,000.00 = RM176.06(Credit! :)

I was already worried on how to call the office to get the refund. Cause there is no Lionair office in Sarawak. In their website, they gave you a few numbers to call, all Indonesion numbers, without the country code. So I ask around and seems like nobody knows. Then during my trip to Melaka, I asked the hotel which I stayed in and they told me the code.
It is +62 and the numbers are:
+6202163798000 or +6208041778899.
When I called the numbers, they asked me to call their office in KL (03-27139911).
I called the number and guess what? The number is not in service!

Don't know what to do anymore and just now I saw that there is a credit in my account! Good job Lionair!

Oh yes.. Forgot to mention that I went to their website http://www.lionair.co.id to cancel my flight.

And thanks sis! For lending me your phone to call. My phone can't call international number. =)

2 comments:

Owen Choo said...

Wah! Can belanja liao...

Anonymous said...

u're welcome. U mean they just refunded u without u doing anything except cancel the flight on their website? that is quite cool.