Wednesday, June 03, 2009

The Promise

Hello Sis,
Don't know the exact date of your wedding anniversary. Which date did you choose anyway?

This is something that is nice. Want to tell you about it during your wedding but no time. So this is for your wedding anniversary. :)
It is from a play:
I didn't marry you because you were perfect. I didn't even
marry you because I loved you. I married you because you
gave me a promise. That promise made up for your faults.
And the promise I gave you made up for mine. Two imperfect
people got married and it was the promise that made the marriage.
And when our children were growing up, it wasn't a house that
protected them; and it wasn't our love that protected them -
it was that promise.



Thornton Wilder, The Skin of Our Teeth

2 comments:

Owen Choo said...

Wah! Very nice brother!!

Anyway, it is very meaningful!

ur other sis said...

yea, sorry i just read it. it's actually 31st may ok. hehe...