Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Flood indicator

Almost a week since the high tide prevented me from using the Stabau road. Actually 6 days. Tomorrow I dont know whether the water will recede. But I know that this 2 days, Sibu is flooded. Now it seems normal. Every month we will have flood during the King Tide.

Don't know who is responsible for this flood but for sure this floods are not normal. It only started this year, the earliest is late last year. Usually we would have flood only during the Chinese New Year. But now we would face it monthly, during the King Tide. We would have to depend on the Sarawak Government Almanac to see which road can be used.

I have an indicator which tells me which road to use. It is by looking at a toilet at the Menyan bridge. If you can see the water, which is on the same level as the toilet, definately do not use Stabau. Or even if the water is a 2 feet below the toilet. I will take a photo of it when water level is normal.

For those of you who don't know, the bridge that I have been using to take photo is a Bailey Bridge. Meaning it is a easy to built bridge because the original bridge had collapsed. Due to what??? I'll let you all to speculate. The people here had been living without a proper bridge for 2 years. Here is a picture of it.

1 comment:

Owen Choo said...

Wah! You got camera already?!!!