Thursday, January 29, 2009

ASP.NET Machine A...'s

Had a very itchy hand a few days ago. Saw in the user accounts an account with the name ASP.NET Machine A...'s. Since i never created the account I just thought that it was maybe a spyware or something like that.

So I just decided to remove the user account since I don't have the password for it. Then hell came...

My pc suddenly becomes slower, crawling even. Cant run any program. I can't use windows explorer or do anything at all. S***. What have I done?

Regretted my impulsive behaviour. I was thinking.. Oh no. I have to reinstall my windows! Then I decided to boot into safe mode and try to see if i can undo what I did.

Tried system restore. It was damn slow. Actually the msg "Not responding" is on the system restore window. Left it for half an hour and finally it managed to restore back my pc.

But to a state where lots of programs I installed cant be used anymore.
Regretted that i did not backup my registry. But then I'm glad that I don't need to reinstall windows.

After this I need to learn how to back up my registry.

1 comment:

Owen Choo said...

nah... tangan gatal again la? ^^

so next time teach us how to backup registry!