Saturday, October 25, 2008

Converting DVD to VCD

My friend asked me to help her convert her karaoke DVD to VCD. Since I'm not an expert on videos/audio, I ask my sister whom I consider expert in this cause she is doing the converting all the time. Just for backup.

I also asked my friend and he recommended me to use WinDVD(buyware) which I found huge, more than 100MB.
My sister recommended DVD decrypter and AutoGordian. (Freeware)
Another friend recommended AnyDVD by Slysoft(shareware).

After much searching I found this to be quite good.

First I need to rip the dvd to .vob. I used AnyDVD for this. Created more than 3GB of files in my hd.

Then I have to convert the files to avi using AutoGK.

Finally to convert to VCD, I used WinAVI(Shareware). The program puts a HUGE text in the middle of the VCD asking me to register it and remove the text from the video files created.

2 comments:

Owen Choo said...

Wow... so many software involved... sounds complicated... no easier way?

Anonymous said...

eh, have u tried SUPER? It's quite good, can convert many formats. Maybe u can try to convert straight from vob to vcd here, if cannot then vob -> avi -> vcd.

Videohelp - SUPER