Sunday, October 05, 2008

Bus trip from Miri to Sibu

Had a tiring day today.

Yesterday was the Division E Humourous Speech Contest. Alice won the contest so she will be representing our club to Bali this November. I'm proud of her. Congratulations!!!

Woke up early this morning. Can't sleep well. Took my shower then had breakfast with my uncle. He went and pick me up at Dynasty Hotel.

Then he sent me to the bus terminal at around 8.15 a.m. Wanna take the 8.30 bus but the 2 buses was full. So I had to take the 9.00 am bus to Sibu.

Freesia express. It was an old air-conditioned bus. The bus started off at 9.00 am, right on time. Before that, there were a few JPJ officers checking on the bus.


The trip took almost 8 hours. They used the old road. Maybe the driver want to pick up the people along the way. It often stopped along the way to pick up people. We stopped for toilet break at Batu Niah, then Bintulu and lastly Selangau.

On the way, the kid that was sitting on the same row as me vommitted a number of times. He is about 2 years old and he keeps on wanting to eat and drink.
Eat then vomit. Eat and vomit again. Greedy kid. :) The smell was nauseating.

Anyway we finally arrived in Sibu at 4.45 pm.

2 comments:

Owen Choo said...

Wah! I thought Sibu-Miri trip only needs 6 hours by bus? Why you departed from Miri at 9am and only arrived at 4.45pm????

Chun said...

I mentioned it already la. The bus used the old road. Somemore it stops every now and then to pick up passangers!