Sunday, November 05, 2006

Coolie

Today I am a coolie. Building a badminton court. Really tiring moving the sand and the cement to the site. Damn heavy.. I bag of cement is 50kg. We moved 20 bags. The ratio of cement to sand is 1:5. Not sure it was exactly that though... Then mixing it manually, not using the cement mixer. It's a good thing that a water source is nearby so there was no need to carry the water too. Then the amount of water to add is beyond me. Just add until it looks right. Dont ask me how to know it looks right. Too little and it is just sand and cement, too much water and it will become muddy. Easier said than done.

After mixing it, we have to level the cement. Looks easy to do but believe me, it is not. Not using the thingy with the bubble inside. Just plain straight plank and good old common sense.

Then it rains... and pours... when our court was half done. Nothing to cover it with. So have to wait until tomorrow to see what to do.

No comments: