Friday, September 04, 2009

Face to face with a cobra!

Faced a cobra on my way back last night. Around 11.10 p.m. I was walking back when I suddenly saw a snake in the middle of the road. Almost stepped on it. At first I thought it was a normal snake, so I went closer. When I was less than a meter away, it suddenly raised it head. At that time I'm not sure that it is a cobra. All I know is that it is a black snake, about 2 feet long and as big as a thumb.

As I went closer, it raises up its head and flatten its head/open its hood. By then I was sure it was a cobra. I went closer and suddenly it hisses loudly! Automatically I stepped back 3 steps. And it followed me! Oh s***! I thought to myself. Wanted to run away but afraid that it will chase me.

Keeping my eyes on the cobra, I slowly stepped back and move further from the snake. On the way back I walked loudly back. I.e I stepped loudly to the ground, more like a stomp because usually snakes will feel the vibrations of the ground and run away. I was hoping there was no more snakes lurking in the bushes nearby.

1 comment:

Sparkish Wong said...

walao eh, so scary even I only imaging that, damn.