Tuesday, August 11, 2009

1Malaysia? Blah!!!

Wanted to open a 1Malaysia account today. Went to RHB bank to open, but they were out of form, so they asked me to get the form from ASNB. So I went to ASNB to request for a form. When I was at the counter, they told me that they could not give it out as they only have limited copy of the form.

So I asked them if I could open an accouont there. They said yes, but the minimum amount is RM 100.00. Then they asked me to go to the bank and get a bank draft for them to open an account with them.

It was such a hassle for me to go back to the bank so I asked if I could open an account there and then. They said yes but must have a bank draft.

Told them again that I just want to open an account with RM 100.00. They kept on telling me to make a bank draft. They said that thier priority is for those who have bank draft.

Then I asked them again, "Since your priority is for those with bank draft, and nobody is here, I think I can open an account now right?"
Their reply? NO.

This time I asked them, "So your priority means ONLY FOR those with bank draft?"
Their reply: Yes, something like that la.

I was really angry at that time. They have 3 staff, 2 female and a male, 1 was reading a newspaper and they don't want to open an account for me? And priority is for those with bank draft. Their excuses is they have limited forms. What the hell? I want to open an account there and then, not that I want to bring the form home.

I was pissed off!!! This is discrimination! Those with no money will be discriminated. Only those with lots of money will need to go to the bank to get a bank draft. People like me who wanted to open a minimal amount in our account is not allowed to do it!!

And this is 1Malaysia???? For all MALAYSIANS????
This is only for rich Malaysians!!!
A discrimination between the rich and the poor...



Damn... If

3 comments:

ur other sis said...

Did you finally get to open an account?

Owen Choo said...

I am more lucky than you. I managed to open an account there on the 2nd day of its launching. That day they only allow open account with cash RM100. If you want more than that then have to buy bank draft.

I heard some aunties asked the short hair gal's staff at the counter, why must use bank draft? She told the aunties "so that my work more senang"! I was not sure why using bank draft will make their works easier, but definitely she was using very rude tone to respond!

One more thing I was quite pissed off! The guy told someone, if you buy RM100,000 then you no need to queue, we can do it directly for you! I guess this indicates the discrimination you mentioned, discrimination between the rich and poor!!

Yeah... so called 1Malaysia but still apply quota! What a shame!

Owen Choo said...

One more thing I am not sure...

When come to Amanah Fund, why banks always out of something? Last time dunno which fund opened, then I wished to open an account, I went to all the agent banks but all of them out of passbook while the fund still available!

Then this one so called 1Msia, you can't even get the form at agent banks on the first day. Then 2nd day just simply made some survey just in case the form came, then I just found out ASNB office had the form.

Thing like these shouldn't happen! If you estimate 1 million ppl will buy the fund, then you shd prepare more than 1 million forms and more than 1 million passbooks!

Agents shd as well be well prepared and not just trouble ppl go in with full of hope and come out with full disappointment!