Saturday, October 17, 2009

Autochk not found

It was quite some time I had problem with my computer. Now it is solved.
Only after I added a line in the registry.

Yes!!!
Now I can defragment my drive.
Now I can scan my drive.
All after doing the autochk in the registry.
before that it was ???. ???

Here was the post that I found.

>I am running win2k sp3 and when I boot the computer I
>receive:
>
> \SystemRoot\Windows\System32\Autochk.exe program not
>found - skipping Autocheck
>
>This lasts for about 2 seconds and then the system boots
>normally and seems to run fine. I have tried chkdsk /r/f
>and it doesn't help. I have located the file autochk.exe
>in C:\winnt\system32 and have tried replacing the file
>from another similar machine with no change. If I rename
>the file it recreates itself. If I delete the file it
>recreates itself. I am not sure what else to try, any
>suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>
What is in the registry at the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\BootExecute

It should be a REG_MULTI_SZ data type set to
autocheck autochk *

If not, set it to
autocheck autochk *

No comments: